No announcement yet.

What's your favorite breakfast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the more important parts of breakfast is not to talk before the first cup of coffee.
    nane
    Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

yeah and another rule... do not make any major life decisions until the first cup is finished.. HA
      Email me!

Rule Your Own World!

Comment

Agreed: Let the coffee kick in before reality does.
        nane
        Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

I agree, no major decisions till that first cup of freshly ground coffee.

I just love Brussels sprouts and can eat them just steamed. Bacon I eat maybe 3 or 4 times a year - hate cooking it. As for cheese, totally hate it. Avocado on toast with salt and black pepper is a delicious treat.

Comment

Avocado on toast is awesome! Ok...here's the thing with bacon. It's wonderful as long as it's super crispy. I can't stand limp bacon or super fatty bacon. I like mine burnt. I also love turkey bacon.

I love brussel sprouts too, but they have to be cooked through so they're soft and buttered w/ salt & pepper. If anyone watches the Food Network, Chef Anne Burrel calls brussel sprouts "fart bombs." LOL
            ♥ ♥ ♥
            The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
            Zeph 3:16

Comment

Lol.

When I was working a different job they had a cafe with fresh grilled bacon egg and cheese croissants and a cappuccino machine - was near perfect except I did have to talk prior to being able to drink the cappuccino - other than that - virtually perfect.
              He loved me in my past
              He's with me in my present
              He sees me in my future
              Cause His love lasts and lasts

Comment

Avocado mashed with feta and spread on sour dough with 2 poached eggs..

yum
                Email me!

Rule Your Own World!

Comment

hehe. I'd say no big life decisions until 2 cups of coffee. lol. Hehe...Star, I'm a little different on the bacon. I like "crisp" but not "crunchy". So if its overdone I don't enjoy it as much. I'm ok with it having a little chew. But the necessary for me is that the fat is rendered and gets color. It's all very personal, isn't it?! lol.

*speaking of personal, I'm still reeling over "cheese hate" in this thread. I may have developed a new trigger, and it may take a couple extra years of therapy to learn to cope with it--lol*

Mashed avocado on toast is one of my fave breakfasts..with just that sprinkle of salt. But I can also enjoy it with egg. I've had bacon on it. Haven't tried feta yet..will have to do that.

Email me!
                  My Profile
                  | Rules | Access | Staff
                  Scars remind us of where we've been.
                  They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

I hated cheese growing up but I have really come to love it. Here is how much: I got a block of cheese for my bday in January and have been eating it very slowly to make it last... I still have a little
                    nane

Comment

I've always loved cheese. My changing tastes didn't change that at all! lol. Ohh....block of cheese for bday...Yay!
                      Email me!
                      My Profile
                      | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

*star, how would you like your bacon?*..

Nuclear , i want it to look like it was in the middle of some nuclear testing..

HAHAHA
                        Email me!

Rule Your Own World!

Comment

giggles.
                          Email me!
                          My Profile
                          | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

Lol

Not sure if I can go that far with avocado yet - maybe I'll be braver later in the year.

I love cheese - it doesn't love me as much as I love it - definitely a fan of all sorts of cheese - for a special occasion I made french loaf toast rounds pan grilled with maple syrup and butter and the topped with brie and kept warm til it melted - yum!!! Not so great for the waistline but definitely a party winner.

Also some of me has been thinking of some alfredo - and in my book anything leftover can become breakfast food - cold pizza, pasta, anything, but I'm trying to eat healthy so I'll steer clear of all that for now... smoothie talk is safer haha.

Blocks of cheese sound great!!!

Bringing some cheese love back in!
                            Last edited by FreedomSong777; 19-02-2018, 06:09.
                            He loved me in my past
                            He sees me in my future

Comment

Brie...yum.

I also love creamy goat cheese (not aged, just mild fresh) with honey or fig jam or something like that, on a nice biscuit/cracker of some sort. There are these little "oatcakes" that are a bit like a not very sweet oatmeal cookie/cracker combination it's really yummy on.
                              Email me!
                              My Profile
                              | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

That sounds great, I like mild goat cheese, also farmers cheese, swiss, cheddar, blue cheese, all the italian cheeses (asiago, fontina, fontanella, mozzarella, provolone - both mild and sharp, parmesan, romano etc etc), gouda, jack, horseradish, munster - ok getting too long, then the specialty cheeses with the special coatings - they are very expensive - I don't buy them but I visit people who do :-)
                                He loved me in my past
                                He sees me in my future

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X