What's your favorite breakfast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite breakfast?

Do you eat breakfast every day? What do you usually have? What is your favorite breakfast?

I eat breakfast most days, and I rotate between several things because I get very bored eating the same thing all the time. Usually it's either some version of hot or cold cereal and/or some version of toast. In the summer sometimes it's smoothies.

Right now, my regular go-to breakfasts are a hot, multi-grain cereal. Or, in a switch that's a surprise, even to me, mashed avocado on toast, with a sprinkle of salt. I used to hate avocado, now I can't seem to get enough! lol.

I also like big meal "breakfasts", but I enjoy them more for dinner than for breakfast. So I love waffles or pancakes. I enjoy omelettes, or eggs benedict...or an old favorite, biscuits and gravy....But all of those, I'm more likely to have for dinner than breakfast.
    Email me!
    My Profile
    | Rules | Access | Staff
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

vegemite on toast.

coffee.

Email me!

You are always one decision away from a completely different life.…

Comment

OMG...I didn't mention coffee!!! Maybe because that's infused with an iv lest I be incapable of anything in my life. lol.
      Email me!
      My Profile
      | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

coffee is its own food group.. HA
        Email me!

You are always one decision away from a completely different life.…

Comment

roflol it sure is!
          Email me!
          My Profile
          | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

Most days my breakfast consists of a big cup of coffee. Then I take another one to the office.
            On the weekends I like fresh bread or breadroles, cream cheese and soft boiled eggs. And coffee.
            nane
            Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

I think coffee is a perfectly balanced breakfast! hehe. And yay for fresh bread.
              Email me!
              My Profile
              | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

i do big breakfasts for dinner, too. I don't get hungry for breakfast, but i have to eat it so my medicines (mostly supplements) don't make me sick. i usually stick with cereal or a couple pieces of bacon or a slice of toast with jam. my fav for dinner/breakfast is biscuits and gravy and eggs.

Comment

I love biscuits and gravy for dinner too, Cookie.

And omg, bacon any time is good.. I dunno..maybe just bacon dipped in coffee or something..lol.
                  Email me!
                  My Profile
                  | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

Porridge (oatmeal) every day all year round. And a cup of tea. If in a hotel I like fried eggs and toast but not one for cooked breakfast. Prefer continental breakfast of fruit, yoghurt and pastries.
                    In my distress I called to the Lord;
                    I cried to my God for help.
                    It is God who arms me with strength
                    and keeps my way secure.

Comment

Coffee is a major breakfast must

I don’t eat breakfast as I leave home early, but recently been snacking on a muesli bar at morning tea (or rather yet another coffee).

please forgive my ignorance - what is biscuits and gravy.

Vegemite, hmmmm if I have a choice, marmite is my choice, but been learning to eat vegemite (can hardly see it on my toast)

Comment

Monday through Friday I always stop at starbucks before work. So my breakfast is always the AWESOME spinach feta wrap and a giant skinny vanilla latte (w/ 2 sweet-n-lows).
                        On Saturdays I typically go to a local bagel cafe and get a blueberry bagel with ham, cheese and a fried egg. And, of course, lots of coffee! Lol

if for any reason I stay at home in the morning, then my go-to is Special K cereal....and coffee!
                        ♥ ♥ ♥
                        The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
                        Zeph 3:16

Comment

I do not eat breakfast most days my medication inhibits me from eating close to it... lol.... but i love big breakfast food for dinner. I am not opposed to oatmeal or cereal for brunch on the weekends.
                          "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Fearnot, Wikipedia explains them this way: "A biscuit in the United States and parts of Canada, is a variety of small baked goods with a firm browned crust and a soft interior. They are made with baking powder or baking soda as a chemical leavening agent rather than yeast. They are similar to British scones or the bannock from the Shetland Isles."

They are especially loved in the southern US. They can be eaten lots of ways, and one way is to halve them and cover them with cream gravy (a white kind of gravy, sometimes containing sausage)
                            Catie

Comment

I like oatmeal as well Es.

Coffee is definitely a necessity Fearnot. I like granola bars myself. Don't eat them very often though.
                              Catie described biscuits and gravy well (thanks Catie)...they're awesome! lol. Not every day food, but great treat.

Oh Star, it's hard to go wrong with spinach and feta. Yum. And I enjoy a good latte. I don't really eat bagels, but if we go to breakfast somewhere that typically serves bagels I always have other choices.

I enjoy brunch Overcome. Yummy....

Email me!
                              My Profile
                              | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X