No announcement yet.

What are you reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool, Hermit! Both the book and your cycling.
    Catie

Comment

"Crash the Chatterbox" by Steven Furtick and "Lord, I want to Know You" by Kay Arthur.
      -ksv

Comment

"The Pursuit of God" by Tozer. I'm going through it slowly though because each page is so packed with wisdom!
        And re-reading "Sit, Walk, Stand" by Watchman Nee. Obscure book, basically a commentary on Ephesians. But it really helped open my eyes to how amazing my identity in Christ is. Hoping to relearn that this time around.
        "My health may fail and my spirit may grow weak, but the LORD remains the strength of my heart. He is mine forever."

Comment

I'm reading Artemis right now

Comment

Im reading "The Boy Who was Raised as a Dog." by Perry & Szalavitz. A book written from a child psychiatrists point of view about trauma and how it affects us. (saw someone mentioned Redeeming Love. That's one of my all time faves!)

Comment

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.
              Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
              and today is a gift;
              that's why they call it the present.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Great topic! I will look forward to reading Redeeming Love! . Im reading Blink right now, recomended by a manager that just interviewed me. Then, i plan to read Christianity on Trial.

Comment

In Praise of Difficult Women by Karen Karbo.
                  Email me!
                  My Profile
                  | Rules | Access | Staff
                  Scars remind us of where we've been.
                  They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

"Misreading Scriptures through Western Eyes"
                    nane
                    Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

These books all sound so interesting! I'm starting "Leading Women Who Wound" by Sue Edwards.
                      ♥ ♥ ♥
                      The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
                      Zeph 3:16

Comment

I'm reading about diets - not quite as exciting, but necessary.
                        He loved me in my past
                        He's with me in my present
                        He sees me in my future
                        Cause His love lasts and lasts

Comment

Ahh...are the diet books inspiring you? I'm trying to eat healthier too. But my approach is to cook instead of always eating out. So, colorful, well-illustrated cookbooks motivate me in that arena.

Right now I'm working on my final, senior research paper of my seminary career. It's a big one. So I'll be reading topic relevant books all semester.

I just started reading Vindicating the Vixens: Revisiting Sexualized, Vilified, and Marginalized Women of the Bible edited by Sandra Glahn.
                          Soon to follow will be Gender Roles and the People of God: Rethinking What We Were Taught About Men and Women in the Church by Alice Mathews.

Interesting stuff!
                          ♥ ♥ ♥
                          The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
                          Zeph 3:16

Comment

Well, I'm more inspire by the need for the diet rather than by the diet itself. Researching to overcome some health issues that can be corrected by a change in habits.

Sounds like a big project, I know you'll do well, you're an inspiration!
                            He loved me in my past
                            He's with me in my present
                            He sees me in my future
                            Cause His love lasts and lasts

Comment

Reading, Me and My Big Mouth by Joyce Meyers also lots of Christian fiction Lynn Austin is very good. Also reading Amish authors, Mostly Beverly Lewis. It serves to be a healthy escape.The Shack was very good. His other books not too sure about.

You are the hope that leads me out of the dark
                              You let Your love shine down,
                              So that the world could see,
                              You put the light in me

Brandon Heath

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X