What are you reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you reading?

Well folks, it's summer time and for many people that means you are reading something.

What are you reading?

This week I'm reading The Five Love Languages (singles edition) by Gary Chapman.
    ♥ ♥ ♥
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
    Zeph 3:16

I'm reading "The shack" its a great book

Comment

right now, mostly 5 minute princess bed-time stories, the monster at the end of this book, .......and several others. daisty (3) is staying with me while her family is at camp.

Comment

Rainewillow, I've heard about The Shack, but have never read it.

LOL..cookie, those are the best stories. I can envision you reading to Daisy with lots of emphasis and funny voices.

♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

I'm reading --- Redeeming love, by Francine Rivers.... I just don't have the words to describe how I feel about that I'm reading in the book....

Comment

I've never read that book, GraceForever, but I like the sound of the title. I hope it has some beneficial words.
            ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

I encourage you to google it RIGHT now 😂 Just a bit.... I'm just wondering what other survivor can experience reading this book... Can't wait...

Comment

Just googled it. Wow...sounds like a good book. I love the story of Hosea and Gomer...it's such a picture of wonderful love that goes deeper than hurts and wounds.
                ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

I love the five love languages and usually loan out the kid edition to families i work with who are open to it! Francine rivers is also really good!
                  I am an eclectic reader and different parts of me get full into reading, i usually am juggling 6 novels at a time or so. Im on light duty right now with reading

-p1. Flesh and blood by patricia cornwell (kay scarpetta series)
                  2. Bad girls of the bible by liz curtiss higgs
                  3. Wintergirls by laurie halse anderson
                  ...4. Color me silver by melanie carlson

And i read three preschool level books a day at work!!
                  "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

LOL Overcome, I'm sure you read those preschool books with lots of necessary flair as well!!

I'm about to start a Bad Girls of the Bible study. Looking forward to it!
                    ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Oh yes. Today was my kids last day so i go to get the last book and i have trouble selecting the one i wanted and my student gors, "oh ms...... You always find your favorite, dont worry!" Lol

I love liz narration she writes so well
                      "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

good topic.

I'm currently re-reading A Call to Action: Women, Religion, Violence, and Power by Jimmy Carter

Email me!
                        My Profile
                        | Rules | Access | Staff
                        Scars remind us of where we've been.
                        They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Oh that sounds interesting, Emily! I'd be interested to know how Carter handles women's issues. When did he write it?
                          ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Such interesting choices, everyone!

GraceForever, I recently passed up Redeeming Love in a used bookstore. Now I wish I'd picked it up.

I'm reading a Kristen Hannah novel, Someone Else's Love Story by Joshilyn Jackson, and Salt Sugar Fat by Michael Moss.
                            Catie

Comment

Interesting, Catie. Is romance fiction your favorite genre?
                              ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X