Having trouble uploading photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble uploading photos

A couple of times lately, I have tried to upload photos to request permission from staff (in the appropriate part of the forum) so I could use them on my thread. Each time it has not been possible. The caption says there is too much data. Some of the photos have been enlarged but I have also tried some which are straight off the memory card without success.
    Do you have any thoughts about what may be the problem?
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    and today is a gift;
    that's why they call it the present.

Eleanor Roosevelt

do you know the size of the files you're trying to upload Falena? Depending on camera settings, some photo file sizes can be quite large, adn I know there's a limit on the size we accept..i'll have to check to see what the limit is.
    Email me!
    My Profile
    | Rules | Access | Staff
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

I'll look to see if something else could be causing as well. It'll be tomorrow though.

Email me!
      My Profile
      | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

No worries. It isn't urgent or anything. Gosh, if you ask me something like how big the files are...I'm not very good with technology. I do remember the number/size was about double what it was possible to upload, if that is any help.
        It is a very new camera, I don't know if maybe newer technology may have larger files??? (I am talking here from a stance of total ignorance )
        and today is a gift;

Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ahh...so sounds like it told you that your file size was too high? And you think it was double what the software allows?

The cameras today, I think most of them have a setting so you can change the size/resolution, etc. Though I have to admit, any time I need to change anything on my camera, I have to look it up in the manual. lol. It mostly stays on auto.

That said, it is possible to resize a photo. If you have Windows you can do it in paint, or whatever photo edit program you have will probably give you the option to resize it. If you can try resizing one, and see if that works? If not let me know and I'll look deeper into it.

If you can't figure out how to resize it, it's ok for you to email me your photo to my CS email, and I'll have a look..and if approved..I'll resize it for you and send it back to you.
          Email me!
          My Profile
          | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

Hi Emily,

Thanks for looking into all that for me. As it is Monday night where I am, it will probably be several days before I have time for searching out the manual (if I still have it.)

I do have an editing program and had wondered actually if that may have been the problem but can try again.

I may try option B and email it to you for resizing - but only if this is not too time consuming for you.

Thank you Falena
            and today is a gift;

Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Nah its ok. I dont mind resizing them for you...it may be a day or two before I get to it as well, but happy to do it for you. Can do it pretty quickly actually. So will only take a few minutes.

Email me!
              My Profile
              | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

Hi Emily, just about to bolt out the door to work but I will get back to it probably over the weekend. Falena
                and today is a gift;

Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

no problem.
                  Email me!
                  My Profile
                  | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                  Working...
                  X