Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering....how do I choose an avatar?

at this time, since your account in on inactive you wont be able to add an avatar yet.
    Email me!

There is nothing stronger than a woman who has rebuilt herself

Comment

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, because I'm seriously lost on here. But I'm not to allowed to see my profile.
      It says I'm not authorized. I can't give myself an avatar either. Did I mess up, or am I missing something? I also
      didn't realize that I'm not allowed to upload a cute little pic with my signature. I tried to do that, and it didn't work. Sorry!
      I keep reading and re-reading all the rules, but I missed that one. My head is getting overloaded. Could someone steer me in the right direction
      regarding my profile and avatar problem? Thanks
      "So long as you can sweeten another's pain, life is not in vain."
      ---Helen Keller

Comment

Hi GransGirl, brand new accounts have a few restrictions on them, just for safety reasons...so that could be the issue with viewing your profile. However, I think that if you go to the top of the page and click the dropdown by your name, it might let you see it that way...or if you click user settings.

With regards to the image that you tried to upload, we do require preapproval for any images to be posted. So you'd need to attach the image that you'd like in a post in the Member Concerns forum for pre-approval before adding it to your signature. Signatures can't be uploaded to the forum software, they have to be hosted elsewhere. But first, they do have to be preapproved.
        Email me!
        My Profile
        | Rules | Access | Staff
        Scars remind us of where we've been.
        They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Thank you, Emily. I appreciate your help!
          ---Helen Keller

Comment

you're welcome
            Email me!
            My Profile
            | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

Hello again Emily. Regarding my profile/avatar/signature problems, I did click and drop down, and also clicked user settings.
              But I'm still restricted.
              So it must be because I'm new, and I sure do understand the caution.
              I'm a bit confused about what a "signature" is?
              Is my Hellen Keller quote at the bottom of my posts a signature then? If it is, do I need to remove it for approval?
              Okay, so I probably should wait until restrictions are lifted, and then send my image to the Member Concerns Forum for approval, right?
              Thanks for your patience, Emily.
              ---Helen Keller

Comment

Yep your quote is your signature. It's ok to do the quote, no pre-approval needed. We do require approval for any images though.
                Email me!
                My Profile
                | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                Working...
                X