Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes

Hey everyone. We're starting to implement a few changes that will streamline things here on the forum a bit. A lot of the changes are cosmetic--shifting forums, combining some forums, etc. But a couple of them will result in a little bit of a change re how threads are moderated.

Firstly, we have merged the Affirmations and the Inspirations forums. We'll continue to have the ongoing Affirmations threads, but they'll be housed together with Inspirations posts. That combined forum will be called Affirmations and Inspirations (creative, eh?! lol).

Secondly, we have removed the Rainy Days forum.

As it is, the content in Cloudy and Rainy are pretty similar. But because threads are spread between them, it creates very light activity in both. This will help with activity in the Cloudy Days forum.

We will still have the Stormy Days forum.

The Cloudy Days forum will be the first line trigger forum. All members will have access, as always. Stormy Days will be a little bit more private, since access is for Regular members.
    What this means for you all is fairly uncomplicated. But it will be a little bit of a change.

We are asking that as you need to change topics of discussion, that you start new threads, and make sure they're labeled in a way that alerts others to know what is being discussed. This allows people to know from a title whether a thread is safe for them to read and participate in. While I realize that there's a feeling of comfort and safety in ongoing threads, this really makes self care for readers difficult. So please keep this in mind.

Important note: If you had a thread in Rainy Days, you can now find that thread in the Cloudy Days forum

Lastly, we have closed the Journeys forum. While we had many active jourals for a long time, it's been largely inactive for a couple of years now. Closing areas that don't have activity allows us to streamline our focus into the areas that are being used.

This is the first round of changes. But others will be coming. As they do, we will let you know.

Thanks!

Last edited by Emily; 23-03-2019, 19:16.
    Email me!
    My Profile
    | Rules | Access | Staff
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

There's another change that won't really affect the way things have run for a long time, but we've made it official.

We have made the decision to make our private forums women only. Because of this, we have closed the Women's Only trigger subforum in the Season's of Hope forum. It is no longer needed now that we've changed the access to the other private forums.
    Email me!
    My Profile
    | Rules | Access | Staff
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
    Working...
    X