X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important information regarding possible forum downtimes

Forum Backup/Server Upgrade/Forum Update

Hi everyone,

We wanted to let you know about some general maintenance issues that we've got coming. Over the weekend, we'll have a backup done (which may result in brief downtime, but shouldn't be significant if at all.).

On Tuesday evening (9:00 pm EDT) our server will be upgraded. We don't expect to really see any big changes with this upgrade. It's mostly for security. Though you should plan to have other support lined up if you need it, as I expect that we will have some amount of downtime then. I'm afraid I don't know how much time to tell you to expect. Those things usually go pretty quickly. But if for some reason it goes for more than a few hours (I don't even expect that long really), just know that someone will be working to get things back on track and get us back as quickly as possible.

Additionally, sometime in the coming week after the server upgrade, our forum software will be updated. Again, usually that doesn't cause too much interruption, but when it happens, there will be a brief downtime that shouldn't last long, barring any problems.

I'll update as i can. But just plan on a few brief downtimes over the next week or two.

Thanks
    Last edited by Emily; 24-03-2018, 03:37.
    Email me!
    My Profile
    | Rules | Access | Staff
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

thanks for the heads up, emily.

Comment

No problem
      Email me!
      My Profile
      | Rules | Access | Staff
      Scars remind us of where we've been.