Finances and uncomfortable things like that

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finances and uncomfortable things like that

Every once in a while, we end up in the uncomfortable space of needing to talk about finances for CS.

We've been going now for nearly 18 years, and during that time, our finances have fluctuated, as have our expenses.

We've been low on finances for the past few years (lower membership, staff members having lower incomes, etc). Because of that, we've cut costs wherever possible. Fortunately, we have help with hosting on our server, etc. But we're still responsible for our graphics and software. We're also responsible for our graphics storage that houses all of our signatures, avatars, etc..

We have fees related to uses of our emojis, and other small things.

None of these costs on their own are huge. But they do begin to add up, and at this point, our Senior Staff team is paying for these things out of pocket.

We never ask for donations as a condition of membership, or for anyone to gain support.. And we would never deny support based on anyone's ability to donate.

Please know that for as long as we are able to be here, we will support everyone who "comes in the door" as much as we possibly can.

However, we want to be honest with you that there are things on the forums that may be lost over time, since our team really can't continue paying them out of pocket on an unlimited basis. These things could include extra graphics, signatures, avatar storage. And there could also be other peripheral costs that would be deemed not necessary, if we get to a point of choosing between keeping CS running at all, and having extras.

So we just wanted to let you all know where we're up to right now, and ask that you include forum finances, and increased donations, in with your regular prayers for CS ministry on the whole. While our heart is here, and it is our desire to keep CS going strong, there is only so much that we, as staff, can do to make it happen. So thanks in advance.

We appreciate you all, your ongoing support of CS and each other.

Emily and Brina
    Email me!
    My Profile
    | Rules | Access | Staff
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Thank you so much for all you do and thank you for letting us know. It's not right for you to have to shoulder these expenses alone.
    Catie

Comment

Thanks Catie. We always wish our own resources were unlimited so we wouldn't need this kind of thread.
      Email me!
      My Profile
      | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

(((((((((hugs)))))))) i appreciate y'all so much. i agree, it's not right that you shoulder the cost. gonna look into trying to make a donation. i did look at it once, but don't remember....i wish there was an easy way...a snail mail address to send something to. (h won't let me do paypal, for the security risk).

Comment

Thanks Cookie. I appreciate you. Have responded to your other message, so wont repeat myself here. .
          Email me!
          My Profile
          | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

thank you xx
            dont leave me all alone frodo...dont go where i cant follow
            my little gentleman

Comment

Emily thanks for informing us, and yes, i agree that you shouldnt have to accept the financial cost alone.
              Also, if it turns out we have to lose the extras, prayerfully we wont, but I cant see any of us here getting angry with you all over some extras. The real support comes from the heartfelt responses of the people here. At least thats my thought?
              anyway, it is always nice to be informed. Thanks
              "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate it. We will do our best to keep going with the extras...but we agree that the most important thing is the support. And we'll keep that going as long as we possibly can!
                Email me!
                My Profile
                | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                Working...
                X